Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow and swell and may produce extra mucus. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, a whistling sound (wheezing) when you breathe out, and shortness of breath.
This online Asthma Awareness training course aims to develop knowledge of causes, signs, and symptoms of asthma, how to prevent them, as well as to understand how asthma impacts a person’s daily life. This online Asthma Awareness training course can help manage asthma, medication, and avoidance of triggers.
This online Asthma Awareness training course covers the following:
- Chapter 1 – Asthma Awareness
- Chapter 2 – Risk factors
- Chapter 3 – Causes
- Chapter 4 – Signs and symptoms
- Chapter 5 – Diagnosis and treatment
- Chapter 6 – Management
Who is the course for?
This Asthma Awareness e-learning course is suitable for:
- Staff members who provide direct care to an individual needing support
- Staff moving into new role
- NHS nursing, AHP and care workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Agency workers
- Community service workers.
On completion of this Asthma Awareness eLearning course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify signs of asthma
- Explain how signs of asthma may be associated with other long term conditions
- Discuss the importance of early diagnosis
- Describe person-centred approaches to caring
- Analyse the importance of effective communication
- State risk factors associated with asthma
- Evaluate monitoring strategies in the condition
- List ways of treating asthma.