Carboxy CO2 gel facial therapy is an innovative skin care treatment. This facial treatment utilizes the Bohr effect, when large amount of carbon dioxyde is released to a targeted areas, which forces a spontaneous release of oxygen. This promotes increased metabolism, waste removal and increased nutrients supply to targeted areas.
What is Bohr effect (in simple terms).
The Bohr effect is a normal process in healthy people. Hemoglobin transports oxygen to different cells in our body. Question is: how does our body know which cells need oxygen and which ones don’t? Well, when a cell needs oxygen, it releases carbon dioxide (CO2). The red blood cells detect it and release oxygen in places where it is needed. So, naturally, the more CO2 is detected, the more oxygen red blood cells would release. Carboxy CO2 gel facial therapy utilizes the Bohr effect. When we apply CO2 to the skin, we make our body think that that this area needs more oxygen. Then blood rushes to our skin and delivers a very large amount of oxygen.
What is Carboxy Gel Therapy?
Carboxy Therapy originated in French spas in the 1930’s, using infusions of carbon dioxide originally injecting the gas beneath the skin. However, Carboxy Gel Therapy is a breakthrough therapy which generates activating bubbles that contain a proprietary formula which stimulates skin to restore beauty, energy and health and the newest in anti-aging skin correcting technology. It is non-invasive, pain-free and suitable for all skin types. The activating bubbles are absorbed into the skin without the need for injection to increase oxygen to aid the skins ability to assimilate necessary nutrients and eliminate destructive toxins.
Carboxy Therapy saturates the skin with carbon dioxide, the molecules of carbon dioxide are very small. As they penetrate the skin, oxygen starvation occurs forcing the skin to increase blood circulation and produce more oxygen in the area. Resulting in lymphatic fluid and cellular metabolism stimulation, and collagen production. Instant results can be seen, skin looking plump, hydrated, fresh and bright. It improves elasticity, reduces wrinkles, prevents skin aging and increases hydration.
What are benefits of Carboxy Therapy?
• Lightening Carboxy becomes a vasodepressor and this reaction activates blood circulation which discharges wastes efficiently and has a great impact on facial whitening. Treating hyperpigmentation and skin tone and dark under-eye circles.
• Elasticity Carboxy CO2 gel promotes active protein synthesis and metabolism of the skin cells. It enhances elasticity of the entire area, which not only treats but prevents wrinkles.
• Acne Care By activating fat metabolism and blood circulation it restores balance, moisture and oil while discharging waste. Penetrating inside the follicle treats the inflammation within the pore further preventing reoccurring acne by inducing the self-regenerative ability of the skin.
• Slimming and Firming Phospholipids are a primary component of the skin layers. By increasing the layer density, the use of carboxy treatment creates a slimming and firming effect. The product also reduces the overly grown subcutaneous layer, which usually appears as bags underneath the eyes or lumps on other parts of the face.
• Moisturising Carboxy treatments are especially effective on dry skin. It moisturises and maintains the healthy balance between oil and moisture. Keeping the balance is essential in delaying the progression of skin aging.
• Tightening and Refining Pores Carboxy treatment brightens, plumps and tightens the skin. Improves elasticity, cleans pores and removes toxins.
How often should it be performed?
Results are achieved with one treatment, for permanent results a minimum of 6 treatments 1 week apart are required. Amazing as a one-off treatment or as a regular facial.
What is Co2 Carboxy
1/2 day practical in classroom, everything you will need to learn this treatment is included within this course,
Entry Requirements: Level 3 Beauty Therapy Qualification or equivalent.
Cost: £350, includes training manual, materials assessment and certificate