This first module will introduce you to some basic first aid principles. But firstly let’s answer the question, why learn first aid?
Knowledge of basic first aid can make the difference between life and death. A glance at some statistics from around the world shows why:
- Every year, around 735,000 people suffer a heart attack in the USA
- Road traffic accidents are one of the top ten causes of death worldwide, in Europe around 30,000 people die from road traffic accidents each year
- Sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death, but many people wouldn’t know how to recognize cardiac arrest or commence resuscitation
However, knowing basic first aid techniques can be lifesaving in the first few minutes of a medical emergency as the following inspirational video shows:
Finally, we believe first aid is an important life skill. A first aid qualification can help enhance your CV/resume and open up new job opportunities.
The course covers emergency life support procedures for adults, children and infants.
- Adult, child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Chest pain
- Choking adults, children, and babies
- Communication and casualty care
- Primary survey
- Severe bleeding
- Unresponsive adults, children, and babies
- Plus more