Hot stone massage therapy dates back to over 3000 years ago in ancient India and China. Smooth heated basalt stones are used to massage the body as an extension of the therapist’s hands, stones are also laid on areas of the body and in between toes whilst massaging on other areas. Basalt stones come from volcanic rock and are able to hold heat effectively, these stones are energised and cleansed before each massage treatment. Every stroke of the warm, healing basalt stones are worth five of the hand thus inducing a state of deep relaxation to promote healing in a physical, mental and spiritual level. Cold stones can also be used to aid healing and this therapy is known as “Geothermotherapy”. Crystals can be used during the treatment to help balance the body’s chakras.
- Capillaries respond to heat by dilating, therefore the skin & muscle tissue will receive fresh oxygen and nutrients. This will result in waste products such as lactic acid and carbon dioxide being expelled which may have caused stiffness and discomfort within the muscles.
- Stimulation of the lymphatic circulation will help detoxify the body and also treat oedema (fluid retention)
- Easing of stiffness and tension in muscles by relaxing the muscle tissue.
- It induces feelings of relaxation and helps to de-stress
Benefits of Geothermotherapy include:
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Decrease in tissue temperature can help to reduce pain and muscle spasm
- Speeds up recovery from soft tissue trauma, such as muscle injury, by reducing inflammation.
Hot Stone Massage Therapy – full body – £45.00
Hot Stone Massage Therapy – back only – £28.00