Indian head massage has been practiced for over 5000 years and is based on the Ayurveda healing system in India. It helps to balance the 3 vital energies in the body and helps to improve health. Ayurveda means “the science and knowledge of life”. Indian head massage is carried out with the client sitting comfortably in a chair. Relaxing and invigorating massage techniques are applied to the upper back, neck, shoulders, arms, head and face. The treatment takes approximately 45 minutes. It is best not to take strenuous exercise after a treatment and to take things easy for the next 12 hours, drink plenty water and refrain from drinking alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Increased blood circulation to head. neck and shoulders – brings oxygen and nutrients, thus helping improve the condition of the skin and to stimulate hair growth.
- Relief of tension headaches, eye strain, nasal congestion, jaw ache.
- Alleviates, stress anxiety, lethargy and mild depression
- triggers the release in the brain of chemicals called endorphins, which creates a feeling of contentment and happiness
- Massage helps with irritability and promotes sleep, great for insomnia.